In this episode, I interview Jo Violeta, the marketing manager and Co-owner of Violeta Finance. Violeta Finance is a family-owned business that helps people secure financing for home loans, mortgages, refinance, and property investment. It is based in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Jo Violeta manages Violeta Finance’s Community Engagement and Brand Communications while her husband Carl Violeta is the Mortgage and Finance Broker.
Jo Violeta used to work for the Australian Government, working in leadership training for Child Support Agency while her husband Carl used to work in the fashion industry, working as an agent between district manufacturers and retail stores. She supported her husband in starting the business in 2014 since she has no background in business. Their first year in business was difficult for them, they barely had clients and didn’t have many settlements. However, after a year they’ve made 50% growth on their business and progress each year. They started the business without hiring people but at the moment, they’re getting 3.5 FTE on the payroll and have four contractors doing virtual assistant work and marketing.
The efforts and time they spent in their business resulted in more partnerships and they were able to help people achieve their property and financial dreams. Jo Violeta highlighted this “if you want to be successful, do things because you want to do them, not because you have to do them.”
This Cast Covers:
- Building confidence to build partnerships.
- Knowing clients and their values.
- Managing branding, strategy, and opportunity for clients.
- Ensure effective and active coordination.
- Empowering staff members to enjoy their role for the fulfillment of their dreams.
- The power of perseverance despite the odds.
- Helping families, small businesses, and all sorts of people make their dreams into reality.
- From a small business into a fast-growing company.
- The importance of time management when growing a small business.
- The Marketing Agency Blueprint by Paul Roetzer
- The 1- Page Marketing Plan by Allan Dib
- The Ultimate Entrepreneur Podcast with Jay Abraham
- Becoming a Digital Marketer by Gil Gildner
“If you are wanting to grow and scale a business, you need some outside guidance, because you’re in it, so you can’t see it.” – Jo Violeta
“If you want to get results through people, you need to work in the spirit of reciprocity and really value your employees and offer flexibility.” – Jo Violeta
“Success is having choices. I do things because I want to do them, not because I have to do them.” – Jo Violeta
“To have effective marketing, you have to know your audience, loosen up and be yourself.” – Jo Violeta
“Believe in your companion, because everything will work if any two people show trust and keep on going.” – Jo Violeta
Music from https://filmmusic.io “Cold Funk” by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com). License: CC BY http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0