In this episode, I interview Kirsty Dunphey, the Co-Founder and Director of Up Loans, an award-winning mortgage broking business based in Tasmania, Australia. Up Loans assists people by helping them secure their finances for home loans, refinance, and property investment. Kirsty won a lot of Business Awards and just last year got her 4th award for Choice Platinum Broker and ranked 86 on the Mortgage Professional Australia’s Top brokers list.
Kristy is a former real estate agent and owned her own agency by the age of 21. She grew following her parent’s businesses and cultivated a passion for small businesses and property. Aged 36 in 2014, she sold her real estate agency and began another business, the Up Loans. She became a famous and successful mortgage broker and was awarded several times. Only the two of them of her business partner were the FTE, later in six years has 16 FTEs.
There’s a quote that reminds Kristy regarding growing the small business successfully. It says, “Success is getting what you want, but happiness is wanting what you get.” So, if you remember stuff that makes you happy, work for it to achieve it and you will be successful.
This Cast Covers:
- How her passion in business pushed her to constantly have bigger goals.
- The importance of good interaction to gain people’s trust.
- How her experience at a young age molded her skills in marketing.
- Being inspired by the desire to work for herself and the numerous challenges.
- How social media presence helped to improve marketing and business.
- Hitting $100 million in a year with the business and what pushed her to grow it each year.
- Providing a great workplace for her team and ensuring that team members work comfortably.
- Communication in a friendly manner works better than doing it professionally.
- Helping people build their future wealth.
- The importance of outside guidance.
- Up Loans
- The Marketing Agency Blueprint By Paul Roetzer
- Invest Like A Bank By Beaux Blast
- dashdot Buyers Agents
“I never sit back and go, do it.” – Kirsty Dunphey
“Success is getting what you want, but happiness is wanting what you get.” – Kirsty Dunphey
“So always be on the side of friendly rather than professional.” – Kirsty Dunphey
“You have to remember the people behind your success.” – Kirsty Dunphey
“Even though you’re going to have really hard times coming up, your friends will get you through it and just to lean on them and ask for help” – Kirsty Dunphey
Music from https://filmmusic.io “Cold Funk” by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com). License: CC by http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0