In this episode, I had a follow-up chat with Bob Moesta, the Founder, President, and CEO of the Re-Wired Group. The Re-Wired Group specializes in Demand-Side Innovation and they help companies and individuals grow by enabling innovation from the Demand-Side; Changing buying and consumption behavior. They identify, design, and execute marketing, selling, and buying systems for growth and focus on fast, high impact actions that lead to immediate results, growth, and insight. Their approaches, methods, frameworks, and software have helped companies grow more than 20% when their current market was down more than 50%.
Bob is a founder, maker, innovator, speaker, professor, and the author of the New York Times Best-Seller, “Demand-Side Sales 101” He is an entrepreneur at heart, engineer and designer by training, and has started, built, and sold several startups. Bob and I will be joined by James Baker from Varicon (A SaaS-based business in Tasmania) and Ben Crowley from Bulk Nutrients (Who we had on the podcast in Episode 10).
James and Ben will ask Bob some hard questions about demand-side sales and share how they have each benefitted from the strategies and tools they learned from Bob’s recent book. Wanna learn how to kill it with your sales and scale your business? This is the episode you’ll wanna listen to. Stay tuned for more.
This Cast Covers:
- How James and Ben have used some of the tools and strategies in Bob’s book.
- Making sure you reflect your customers’ value systems when you’re marketing.
- The success that came with applying demand-side sales in Ben’s business.
- Understanding the true needs of customers before building a product around it.
- The six steps that customers go through before they decide they wanna buy a product as a solution to their problem.
- Bringing together customer discovery and the sales process in an effective way.
- Why so much of marketing involves not trying to solve problems that customers have.
- The questions you should ask yourself to understand what your customers are buying.
- One out of the 3,500+ products that Bob has been responsible for that he’s proud of in terms of solving a problem.
- Having a thousand paintings before starting a gallery: One of Bob’s core hobbies
- Some really great tips on how to build a high-performance team.
“Make sure you’re reflecting your customers’ value systems when you’re marketing” – Bob Moesta
“You have to dig passed price” – Bob Moesta
“You might know your product, but if you don’t know how it fits into people’s lives, you really can’t sell it” – Bob Moesta
“More diversity in a team actually enables the team to be ten times more confident than a team of all smart people” – Bob Moesta
Music from https://filmmusic.io “Cold Funk” by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com). License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/